Below you’ll find some example indicator statements from the social impact survey, and the long-term outcome with which each statement aligns. The MOMSI study is allowing us to validate these statements, which may or may not be part of the public social impact toolkit.
Further below are the open-ended questions that are included in the survey. These questions were selected by the MOMSI team in partnership with the MOMSI host museums.
CONTINUED LEARNING & ENGAGEMENT
- I wonder about how things work.
- I experiment to create new ways of doing things.
- I regularly ask thought-provoking questions to get at the root of the problem.
- I regularly visit local museums (could also include zoos, gardens, and aquariums).
- I incorporate recently learned information into my day-to-day life.
HEALTH & WELLBEING
- I am motivated to maintain my physical health.
- I am able to bounce back from adversity.
- I am confident in contributing my opinion to a conversation.
- I am open to new ideas.
- I often feel the stress of life.
- I build strong and supportive relationships with a variety of people.
- I make it a point to spend time with my friends and/or family.
- I turn to my friends and/or family when I face challenges.
- I recognize the importance of my friends and/or family members in my life.
- It is easy for me to develop social relationships.
VALUING DIVERSE COMMUNITIES
- I learn new things from people who are different from me.
- I am able to see things from the point of view of others.
- When interacting with others, I recognize their deeply held beliefs.
- I understand how cultures are similar and different.
- I am aware of the challenges faced by others with backgrounds different than my own.
- What is your most memorable experience at the museum?
- What, if anything, did you dislike about your experience at the museum?
- In what ways, if any, did the museum change the way you interact with others?
- How does this museum benefit your community?
- How did participating in this study change your perspective of museums/cultural sites?